Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bookmarks

I tried both the bookmark sites of delicious and diigo. I like the diigo because I could highlight and use sticky notes....something I have been wanting to do since the conception of reading on-line. I am a highlighter and I use sticky notes when I read a book or document and I have been very frustrated when I can not print out a document so I can highlight the document. I have also been frustrated with the loss of my favorite bookmarks when I go from computer to computer. Both of these sites give me the opportunity to save articles to read later or come back to with notes and highlighting.
When I make my school blog site for my project, I am going to include both of these websites so I can access them easily while I am school. I have always found that time is a limiting factor for me, so having certain articles bookmarked and highlighter so I can use them in my class for discussions will be wonderful for me as an educator of multiple subjects.
On a personal note, I have been looking up laws regarding custody issues in ND for my son and his daughter.I sure wished I had played with these sites earlier so I could have highlighted and saved sites as I was reading and searching. Now that I know about these sites and I have signed up for them, I will be using the sites for the legal searches as well.
I also thought of another use for these two sites. I am going to use the highlighter for the standards documents that I so frequently peruse. I know I will be writing curriculum this fall, so the highlighted standards documents will be great for these old eyes. :)
As usual, time disappeared when I was playing on these websites and I was amazed at the novelity of these two sites as well....and this fact seems to ring true every week when I explore. I have learned not to bite off more than I can chew as the class has progressed...and I do not feel so overwhelmed with the lack of a polished product at the end of my exploration process.

1 comment: