Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week 5 Reflection

As I have been cruising through the examples of classroom wikis and blogs, I am wondering which is the better avenue to pursue. I am getting the hang of the blog stuff, so I think a classroom blog would be a better alternative for me. I think once I can perfect the Blog then I should venture to a wiki. There are so many avenues to pursue with again, time being the limiting factor.
From what I can discern to have a classroom blog or wiki, I will need administrative and technology support. I am guessing that I will have to have some kind of consent form from my students as well so the material that they post is appropriate.
I do like the fact that students can work on projects from different locations and one student does not carry the burden of the other team member on the project. I am leaning toward having a class blog and using glogster for some digital project postings this year. I am guessing there will be a huge learning curve for myself and my students as there has been for me this summer on this journey of exploring webtools.
On a personal note, out of the ten foster puppies...I have two left with an interested party for one of them. :) If you are an animal lover and you have room to foster, it is very rewarding. You can contact your local shelter or breed rescue for details on how to help your community's animal challenges. :)

1 comment:

  1. Cyn, I think you will find that your students pick up quickly on the technology. I have used a wikispace for a few years, and it is very easy for both me and the students to use. As you mentioned, time is the limiting factor in getting comfortable with all of these new tools!

    I am also happy to hear that most of the puppies have homes!

    ReplyDelete