Friday, July 9, 2010

On-line Data and Graphs

I have added the links for the on-line data and graphs ( Under the Cool Science Sites Area) as I do propose to have students experiment with data and graphing before I would expect them to create a science poster for Create an Argument. For this exercise to be the most useful to me, I will have to take baby steps and phase each step in through out the first year and build on this type of learning activity.
I have played and played with Google Earth as it fascinates me, but I cannot upload any pictures to this site as the Blog says the pic is corrupt or too big. According to the Google Earth tutorial, it should work. I hoping someone at school this fall will know a little more about the program and will be able to help me upload the Google pics.
Overall,I was in a lesser panic mode this week. I have accepted that I cannot get everything to work, because 1) I have compatibility issues with some of the things I am viewing and attempting to do, 2) I have never worked with this stuff before so I cannot expect to be an expert, and 3) time is a limiting factor for me to truly understand everything. Have a great evening. Cyn

1 comment:

  1. Cyn -- That works for me! I try unsuccessfully at the beginning of the course to let everyone know that I am not concerned about how much you do, but instead I am concerned by how much you learn. I know that everyone is at very different "places" coming into this class.

    ReplyDelete